Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Reading PR 2.0 New Media, New Tools, New Audiences

I was browsing the media/marketing/sales section at Barnes and Noble this weekend looking for almost a text book about skills today's PR person needs. I flew by books written by pros about their take on personal brand, how to make money by e-mailing and so many books of someone's opinion or theory. I just wanted to know how I can be a part of PR 2.0.

And there it was. PR 2.0 New Media, New Tools, New Audiences 2008 by Deidre Breakenridge. Well, I'm half way through and so far I found some helpful tips that I'd like to share with you about media gathering tools, databases of media contacts, and even updating your company/organization's media library. I hope in the second half there will be more examples and almost a how-to section. Like what does a social media release actually look like? I'll share a highlight of tips and sources hopefully next Wednesday.

I'm going out of town where computers are scarce for my little brother's wedding. I'm excited about my new family members. I'll have a sister-in-law and two smart and adorable nephews.

No comments: