Sunday, August 24, 2008

Update: R-word on Project 96.1

I wrote McDonald's and asked them to pull their advertising from 96.1 because the station made fun of people with intellectual disabilities who can't always defend themselves. Unfortunately, I got a canned response from McDonald's saying they were sorry I was offended by their commerical (it wasn't even their commerical) and they base their decision to advertise on a particular station because of it's listener demographics. But for the last week, I haven't heard the "Retard Alert" on Project 96.1. It's usually on during the Giant Show in the morning. And I haven't been able to find it on their Web site.

Has anyone heard the "Retard Alert" on the show in the last week?

Special Olympics is campaigning against the use of the R-word. Check out the Web site here: http://www.r-word.org/.

No comments: